Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Let for
Killin Highland Lodges
Please read the conditions of let carefully.
1. When you submit a booking request through our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking request summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
2. When you receive confirmation of your booking, you are entering into a contract between you ('the booker') and Killin Highland Lodges (referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms) and by doing so, you accept these booking terms.
3. In order to preserve our family environment and for the respect of other guests, we do not hire any of our lodges to “stag/hen” or “party” groups.
4. Information about your party - we have the right to obtain the name, age, address and gender of each member of your party before confirming your booking or at any time. The booker must be a member of your party unless we agree otherwise. Failure to provide full details of the make-up of your party prior to your arrival may result in access to your lodge being delayed or denied.
5. Full payment is required at the time of booking, unless otherwise agreed by us. Payment by credit card will have a 2% surcharge to cover the transaction costs incurred.
6. Security Deposit - We require the booker to pay a security deposit, pre-authorised against a credit card, or debited from your debit card. This is in case there is any damage to the property caused by you or your party (including children and pet(s)) during your stay. The amount of security deposit which can be up to £200 per lodge, will be detailed in the confirmation email the booker receives. The money is simply reserved and then released/refunded afterwards if there is no damage or other charges to collect as set out in these terms.
7. If the booker cancels a confirmed booking within six weeks of the start of the holiday, he/she remains liable for the full cost of the holiday, unless otherwise agreed with us. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the booker, we will try to re-let the property and if successful will make a refund to the booker less initial booking cost (£100.00) and any other cost involved in the re-letting. It is therefore advisable for the booker to take out insurance against the possibility of cancellation.
8. Dogs or animals are allowed to occupy the accommodation only with the prior agreement of us. Dogs are not permitted on the beds or sofas. Dogs (maximum 2 per lodge) should not be left in lodges unattended, unless a cage/pen is used (which will need to be brought with you). Other pets allowed with the prior permission of us. The charge for dogs is £30.00 each per week (£20.00 for up to 4 days). Very large or dangerous breeds of dogs will not be accepted.
9. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to the guest on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, we will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available then all monies paid by the guest will be refunded. We will have no further liability to the guest or any other party.
10. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all moneys will be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such cases of termination of the contract, any refund would be at the discretion of us. Single sex groups strictly by prior arrangement and should be disclosed at the time of booking for consideration by us.
11. The letting period is from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival until 10.00 hours on the day of departure.
12. The number of persons occupying a lodge must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated in the price list, without the prior consent of us. There will be a charge of £100.00 per night, for the entire duration of the let where, in the sole judgement of us, the number of persons occupying a lodge exceeds the maximum occupancy without our prior written agreement. Sub-letting or assignation of the Let is strictly prohibited.
13. Our Oak and Alder Lodges have wood-burning stoves. If you use the wood burning stove, a fire guard must be fitted to ensure the safety of any young children/toddlers staying with you and is recommended if you have pets with you. There's no charge for this, but please request at the time of booking. In the event this is not fitted when you arrive, please contact one of the team. Additionally, to guarantee the quality of wood needed for our wood burning stoves, to ensure ongoing safe operation and to minimise the risk of any unintended damage, Log Burner Packs (including firelighters & kindling) and Log Basket refills must be purchased on-site. Log Burner Packs are £6.50 and Log Basket refills are £5.00 each.
14. Towels can be hired at the cost of £5.00 per person per week. A cot and high chair can be hired at £7.00 each per let. Electricity is charged by a £1 coin meter. It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure that payment for gas, where supplied, is made at the end of the let. If payment for gas is not left at the end of the let, then an administration fee of £30.00 will be added to cover the costs of collection.
15. The booker will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, and for any loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents (allowing for fair wear and tear) howsoever caused during the rental period.
16. It is the responsibility of the booker and members of their party to keep the lodge(s), furniture, fixtures, fittings, equipment and utensils, in the same condition as at the commencement of the stay (allowing for fair wear and tear). We ask that the lodge(s) is left clean and tidy, and all dishes/cutlery returned to their storage area so these are ready for the next guests. Any breakages should be reported immediately. If, in the sole judgment of us, excessive cleaning is required a cleaning charge of £25.00 per hour will be levied.
17. Damage, tears, or stains beyond normal wear and or damage to cookers, fridges, microwaves or any other appliance not discussed and settlement agreed with us prior to departure will be charged at full replacement costs.
18. Consideration for other guests - The lodges are set in a quiet and peaceful area and the booker and members of their party are required to pay due consideration to other guests and avoid late-night noise, particularly outside. TV's and music must be kept on low volumes and must not be audible outside of the lodge. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. Children must be supervised inside as well as outside of your lodge.
19. Leaving dog foul within the park's boundary is strictly forbidden. Any instances of dog fouling on the park which is not bagged and disposed of, will incur a charge of £10.00.
20. For the safety of all guests, a 5mph driving speed limit should be observed at all times while within the park's boundary.
21. The personal property of guests (or their visitors) occupying the accommodation is not the responsibility of us. Vehicles and personal property are left at the risk of the guest or visitor. Any personal property left in a lodge to be returned to the guest(s) will incur a minimum charge of £5.00 to cover postage, packaging and administration.
22. Smoking is not permitted in the Lodges. Where, in the sole judgement of us, guests have smoked or allowed smoking in a lodge/cabin a charge of £100.00 for cleaning will be levied.
23. The properties let by Killin Highland Lodges are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
24. We are committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all our activities. Visitors to our web site can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period or details of properties and dates selected for online bookings, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website. Visitors interested in requesting more information can provide contact details via a fill-in form. Visitors cannot be contacted unless such information is given. Visitors are also invited to give additional company information but a decision not to do so does not affect any subsequent negotiations or discussions.
Use of Information
The information collected will be used to contact you with further details of our current activities or to send details of future initiatives or events. It may also be used for research purposes. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require such information to be sent.
If you provide your email address to us, you agree that we may send information to you by email in relation to our Services and in relation to any new services, initiatives or events. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any such emails at any time.
We will share your details with our booking system, SuperControl for the purpose of them delivering their service to us. For example they provide a verified reviews service called UpFrontReviews and we may ask them to send you an email invitation to submit a review about your stay. We will NEVER sell your details to any third party. You consent to us providing your details to SuperControl in this way. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any such emails at any time.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
Integrity of Data
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. In particular we use reliable collection methods and destroy or convert to an anonymous form, any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by us so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.
Our website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not knowingly be collected from children under fourteen years without parental consent.